Suzanne C. den Breems
Principal and Practice Leader, Value-Added Tax
PRIVATE SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Principal, Ryan, Amsterdam office
- Specializes in providing value-added tax (VAT) consultancy and recovery services.
- Practice Leader, VAT Recovery Europe
- Co-founder and Partner, Dutch tax law firm
- Specialized in VAT and real estate transfer tax.
- Manager, international accounting and tax law firm
PUBLIC SECTOR EXPERIENCEPrevious
- Officer, Municipal Legal Advice Centre
Ms. Den Breems lectures on various tax topics for Ryan clients and the Ryan Professional Development Program and is a guest lecturer at European Fiscal Studies, Erasmus University Rotterdam for the post-master EU VAT Program. Additionally, she has appeared as a speaker at various industry events.
Ms. Den Breems was chief editor of the monthly tax law magazine, Fiskaal. She has written various articles, published in the International Tax Review. She was also co-author of the Kluwer VAT Memo from 2002–2005.
- Ranked as a highly regarded leader in Indirect Tax and Women in Tax in the World Tax 2023 practitioner rankings by ITR World Tax
- Member, Dutch Association of Academic Tax Advisors
- Master of Laws Degree (LL.M.), (Emphasis in Indirect Tax Law), University of Leiden
- Post University Degree, Dutch Order of Academic Tax Advisors
- Tax Assurance, Nyenrode Business University