PRIVATE SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Principal, Ryan, Austin office
- Specializes in state legislative and regulatory analysis, developing public affairs strategies, and providing advocacy services to clients in all industries.
- Practice Leader, Ryan Advocacy
- Responsible for the administration and development of Ryan's Legislative Consulting practice and Advocacy Services.
- Partner, leading public affairs firm
- Provided strategic counsel to leading political figures and Fortune 500 companies throughout the country.
- Partner, top five California lobbying firm
- Annually ranked as one of the 20 most influential people in California politics.
- Senior Vice President, Government and Industry Affairs, one of the nation’s largest financial services companies
- Responsible for assembling and leading a nationwide team of corporate and contract lobbyists.
- Managed company strategy on issues such as licensing, lending, tort reform, and other related issues.
- Managed the company’s public profile and crisis communication planning.
PUBLIC SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Campaign Manager and Chief Strategist, Governor Rick Perry’s Presidential Campaign
- Led a national team of political advisors in preparation for the presidential candidacy announcement and oversaw the daily campaign operations, including communications, debate preparation, policy development, political field operations, and fundraising.
- Political Advisor for Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy
- Finance Chair, California Republican Party
- Co-Finance Chair, Republican Governors Association
- Political Advisor to former Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Early in Mr. Miller’s career, he worked as an aid to a California Congressman, a consultant in the State Assembly, and finance director for numerous California Senate and Assembly Republican leaders.
- U.S. Naval Reserves, SBU XI, River Warfare Unit