Principal and Regional Leader
PRIVATE SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Principal and Regional Leader, Property Tax Complex, Ryan, Vancouver office
- Specializes in providing property tax services in the British Columbia region, saving clients millions of dollars in annual property taxes by negotiating on clients’ behalf and appearing as an advocate during the assessment appeals process.
- Senior Managing Partner, property valuation, development consulting, and tax service company, B.C., Canada
- Managed a group of in-house Accredited Appraiser Canadian Institute (AACI) members with expertise in all property types.
- Provided quality, detailed information in an effort to achieve the lowest property taxes.
Mr. Sullivan lectures on various tax topics for Ryan clients and the Ryan Professional Development Program. Additionally, he appears on behalf of industry, advocating to all levels of government on tax reform and fairness issues. Mr. Sullivan regularly addresses city council meetings, real estate associations, and small business organizations, educating industry on the complex issues surrounding property taxation.
- Building Owners and Managers Association
- Chair, Property Tax Committee
- Canadian Property Tax Association – Vancouver Chapter
- Board Member
- Urban Development Institute
- Board Member and Chair, Property Tax Committee
- Vancouver Fair Tax Coalition
- Chair, Technical Committee
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, The University of British Columbia