PRIVATE SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Director, Sales and Use Tax and Quebec Practice Leader, Ryan, Montreal office
- Specializes in providing Canadian commodity tax services to clients in a variety of industries.
- Has extensive experience of more than 25 years in working with major Canadian corporations and consulting firms as an adviser on commodity tax aspects associated with the transport, telecommunications, and service industries.
- Extensive experience with managing and disputing audits performed by Canadian tax authorities as well as seeking for and obtaining rulings from tax authorities.
- Commodity Tax Consultant, regional tax practice, Province of Quebec
- Certified Trainer, CPA Quebec and co-author of the Référenciel en taxe à la consummation pour l’Ordre des CPA du Québec for several years
- Leader, Commodity Tax Department, major Canadian corporation
- President of the TEI Montreal Chapter as well as Chair of the Commodity Tax committee of TEI and co-founder of TEI liaison committee with Revenu Quebec and the Quebec Ministry of Finance
PUBLIC SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Member of the Advisory Committees to the National Minister of Revenue on E-Commerce and a member of the Advisory Committee of the Quebec Centre de Perception Fiscale
Mr. Ducharme lectures on various Canadian commodity tax topics for Ryan clients and for several professional and tax associations such as:
- Association de Planification Fiscal et Financière
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada – Commodity Tax Symposium
- Council On State Taxation
- Tax Executives Institute
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA,CGA), Quebec
- Association de Planification Fiscal et Financière (APFF)
- Financial Executives International (FEI) Canada