PRIVATE SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- President and Practice Leader, Ryan Software, Ryan, Boston-Burlington office
- Leads a team of dedicated tax and technology experts responsible for the continued development and support of the Firm’s expanding suite of software applications.
- Drives the growth of Ryan’s proprietary software offerings, including PinPoint™, a powerful sales and use tax calculation engine and data warehousing application; RatePoint™, a single-source tax application for rate lookup and monitoring needs; FilePoint™, a sales and use tax compliance system that provides access to the largest body of electronic uploads in the market for sales and use tax filings; ControlPoint™, a certificate management system for handling and sharing purchase and/or sales exemption certificates, and Tracker Pro™, the most trusted abandoned and unclaimed property compliance system in the world.
- Principal, Ryan, Boston-Burlington office
- Senior Vice President, transaction tax software vendor
- Responsible for all facets of sales, marketing, business development, and professional services.
- Increased brand awareness, thought leadership messaging, and value propositions around tax product solutions.
- Identified, negotiated, and executed major strategic initiatives enhancing tax product offering capabilities and market focus.
- Expanded and enhanced relationships with existing partners. Created new channels for product distribution. Educated the marketplace on the company’s future direction.
- General Counsel, transaction tax software vendor
- Responsible for all facets of the legal function for the corporation. Focused heavily on drafting and negotiating agreements with partners, customers, and prospects.
- Responsible for transactions, employment matters, intellectual property, and litigation matters.
- Associate Attorney, regional law firm
- Drafted legal opinion letters to clients, appellate briefs, and researched issues in preparing pleadings for federal and state court.
- Litigated civil matters.
Mr. Fishman lectures on various tax topics for Ryan clients and the Ryan Professional Development Program. Additionally, he has appeared as a speaker for the following organization:
- ADP Taxware, Inc.
BOARD & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation
EDUCATION & ACCREDITATION
- Juris Doctor Degree, Louisiana State University
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Business Administration, Northeastern University
- Licensed to practice law in Louisiana, Maine, and Massachusetts