PRIVATE SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Principal, Ryan, Chicago office
- Specializes in providing commercial real estate consulting services and advising on property tax implications associated with new acquisitions.
- Extensive experience in the management of national property tax engagements.
- Vice President, Property Tax Operations, Ryan, Chicago office
- Assisted Practice Leaders with planning, directing, and managing the entire property tax operation, ensuring the development and implementation of Firm initiatives.
- Oversaw strategic planning, budgets, expenses, strategic performance indicators, and formulating goals for the property tax practice that were in line with Ryan’s overall strategy.
- Member, Leadership Development Program, Ryan
- Director, Quality Assurance and Legal, national consulting firm
- Reviewed and negotiated client engagement agreements.
- Responsible for managing and mitigating the legal risks to the practice.
- Manager, Property Tax Services, national consulting firm
- Responsible for management of national property tax engagements.
- Specialized in commercial real estate property tax consulting, ensuring that real estate assessments were fair and equitable for clients.
- Oversaw the entire property tax appeal process for several Midwest states, which included compiling market research, constructing valuation analyses and direct capitalization models, filing appeals, and negotiating settlements with local assessing officials.
- Consultant, State and Local Tax Services, national accounting firm
- American Bar Association
- Member (2005–Present)
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation
- Juris Doctor Degree, Chicago-Kent College of Law, Licensed in Illinois
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, Political Science, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Attorney, Licensed in Illinois