PRIVATE SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Principal, Ryan, Houston office
- Specializes in providing multi-jurisdictional production incentives, deductions, and exemptions to a variety of clients in the oil and gas industry.
- Practice Leader, Ryan, Severance Tax
- Senior Manager, State and Local Tax Services, national accounting firm
- Specialized in providing state and local tax services for energy clients, including sales and use tax, severance tax, and credits and incentives.
- Manager, Excise Tax, national oil and gas company
- Responsible for domestic excise tax, sales and use tax, severance tax, motor fuels tax, and escheat reporting.
- Senior Tax Accountant, oil and gas well servicing company
- Handled multistate excise tax issues, including sales and use tax compliance, audit, and tax planning opportunities.
PUBLIC SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Auditor, Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
Mr. Samuels lectures on various tax topics for Ryan clients and has appeared as a speaker for the following organizations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- National Royalty Conference
- Petroleum Accounting Society, Houston
- Tax Executives Institute
BOARD & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Petroleum Accountants Society of Houston
EDUCATION & ACCREDITATION
- Bachelor of Business Administration Degree, The University of Texas at Austin
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Licensed in Texas
(Ryan is not a CPA firm.)