PRIVATE SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Principal, Ryan, Houston office
– Specializes in providing multi-jurisdictional severance tax
consulting services, including identifying and obtaining
production tax incentives, deductions, and exemptions.
– Specializes in providing multi-provincial production royalty
consulting services, including the identification of Crown royalty
credits and allowances.
– Provides ongoing severance tax and Crown royalty compliance
consulting services to clients on a multi-national basis.
– Analyzes internal tax and royalty compliance processes and
provides recommendations for best practices in process
– More than 13 years of tax consulting experience.
– Upstream oil and gas subject matter expert. More than 13 years
of oil and gas industry experience.
- Director, Ryan, Houston office
- Manager, Ryan, Houston office
- Senior Associate, national accounting firm
– Provided consultation on state and local tax matters specifically
related to income and franchise tax, sales and use tax, and
– Client base concentrated in oil and gas with a focus on
exploration and production companies and oil field service
– Participated in business development initiatives, external
speeches, presentations, and project budgeting.
- Associate, national accounting firm
- Accountant, national oil and gas company
Mr. Abel lectures and provides training on various tax topics for Ryan clients.
- Bachelor of Business Administration Degree, Accounting (Emphasis in Corporate Finance), The University of Texas at Austin