PRIVATE SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Principal, Ryan, Hartford office
– Specializes in providing state and local insurance tax services for
all types of insurance and insurance companies (life, property
and casualty, healthcare, and captive).
- Practice Leader, Insurance Tax, Ryan
- Senior Manager, Leader - Insurance Tax State and Local, Big Four accounting firm
– Responsible for all state and local taxes in the insurance sector.
- Director, Tax Compliance, national accounting firm
- Tax Director, insurance company
Mr. Whitcomb lectures on various tax topics for Ryan clients and has been a speaker at the annual State Insurance Tax Conference.
Mr. Whitcomb has been the co-writer of the semi-annual review of state taxes in the Insurance Tax Review magazine published by Tax Analyst.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
– Member (1983–Present)
- Master of Business Administration Degree, Accounting and Management Science, Tulane University School of Business
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, Political Science and History, Fairfield University
- Certified Public Accountant, Licensed in Connecticut