PRIVATE SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Principal, Ryan, Austin office
– Responsible for providing transaction tax services.
- Senior Vice President, national power company
- Vice President, national power company
- President and Chief Executive Officer, business advocacy firm
PUBLIC SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Chief of Staff, Hon. David Dewhurst, Texas Lieutenant Governor (2003–2007)
- Chief of Staff, Hon. Bob Bullock, Texas Lieutenant Governor (1992–1994)
- Texas House of Representatives, Member, District 58 (1981–1991)
– Chairman: Texas House of Representatives, Financial
Institutions Committee (1985–1988), Government Organization
– Co-Chairman: Joint Committee on Deceptive Trade Practice Act
(DTPA) Reform (1987), Joint Committee on Judicial Reform
– Vice-Chairman: Business and Commerce Committee
(1981–1986), Ways and Means Committee (1981–1986).
– Member: Agriculture and Livestock (1981–1986), Calendars
(1981–1986), General Investigating (1981–1986), House
Research Organization Steering Committee (1984–1991),
Judicial Affairs (1981–1986), Local and Consent Calendars
(1981–1986), State Affairs Committee (1987–1991), Sunset
Advisory Commission (1983–1987).
- Co-authored and served on Conference Committee on Tort Reform (1987), Workers’ Compensation Reform (1989), and School Finance Reform (1991)
- Authored and passed legislation establishing the Texas Ethics Commission (1991) and the Finance Commission of Texas Reform Legislation (1989)
- Authored Texas Department of Mental Health and Mental Retardation Sunset Legislation (1987), Texas Interstate and Branch Banking Legislation (1985), The Brucellosis Control Act (1983), and Legislation Requiring Timely Reporting of Last-Minute Campaign Contributions (1983)
Mr. Gibson has received numerous awards, including being twice named “Ten Best Legislators” by Texas Monthly Magazine, “Seven Best Legislators” and “Ten Best Legislators” by The Dallas Morning News, and “one of the most diligent, capable members of the Legislature” by the Fort Worth Star Telegram. Mr. Gibson was named one of the "Twenty-Five Most Powerful People in Texas" by Texas Monthly Magazine. Mr. Gibson also received the Honorary Order of the Coif at The University of Texas School of Law.
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation
- Juris Doctor Degree, The University of Texas School of Law, Licensed in Texas
(Ryan is not a law firm.)
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, History, magna cum laude, Texas Christian University